Halloween Horror Nights 6 at Universal Studio Singapore

1:33 PM

Ok, before I start my storytelling about Halloween Horror Nights (HHN) 6 at USS, I want to say: that was the most absurd weekend ever.

  1. A trip to Singapore was not on my trip list for 2016. It was truly an impulsive trip. Flights and hostel were just booked one week before we went there. 
  2. I almost missed my flight because I almost forgot I had a morning flight to catch, so I overslept hahaha.
  3. I hate ghosts. I'm an adrenaline junkie BUT NOT ghosts.
What was I thinking, having my first visit to USS at Halloween Night?!
One week before, a friend gave me one free admission ticket and one express pass. Then, it was already too late for me to realize that it was pretty much a suicide mission. I was already inside the darkness of HHN6.
Let's go! (that was what I said before the terror)

At about 5pm, USS closed its park to prepare their park for HHN. The park was re-opened again with totally different ambiance 7.30 pm until you pee your pants  12.30 or 1.30 am (depending what date you choose). Oh, please be noted that Halloween Horror Nights only happen on selected date. So, make sure you check out their website for more detail info.


Our faces, not knowing what was going on inside the park.
The queue to get inside the park.
Welcome to HHN 6!

After entering the park, we were welcomed with a special show on the stage and a parade! As My Chemical Romance said, welcome to the black parade!
Zombie. Dancing. Quite a talent.

At this time, we still had our laugh and giggle left.
The Queen and her fancy ride.
Huge skull. I think they took it from my high school's lab. Mr. Skull, is that you? :))

Enough the shows and jokes, time for the real thing.

The first part we walked into was The Suicide Forest. Although it was called Scares Zone, I didn't think it was that scary. Maybe because the zone was too crowded (seriously, I sweated a lot. We should call it a sauna instead of forest) and my night vision was not too good. The only thing that scared me in that forest was the fear I accidentally separated myself from my group and ended up riding everything alone. Sounds so sad.
Tips:
Since the zone was too crowded, you may not realize some ghosts already blend with the crowd. Ghosts' appearance are not too scary in my opinion. But still, if you suddenly see them walking along beside you, it will shock you (one of my friend spontaneously jumped and ran away, hahaha). And watch out your feet too. They may crawl next to your feet.

Exited from The Suicide Forest, you can choose to enter haunted houses or join the rides.
There are some haunted houses:

  • Bodies of Work
  • Old Changi Hospital
  • Salem Witch House
  • Hawker Center Massacre
  • Hu Li's Inn
Nope. Not a chance.

I didn't enter even one of the haunted house. Call me a scaredy cat, but I seriously was exhausted and not in the mood to line up just to get scared. My friends who tried some of the haunted houses said those were pretty scary. 

I chose to do the rides. Oh, some of the rides were operating during Halloween Horror Nights. But don't worry, there won't be ghosts suddenly sit right beside you on the ride, hahaha, Some participating rides in HHN:
  • Revenge of The Mummy
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Accelerator
  • Transformers
  • Enchanted Airways
  • Scared Shrekless
  • Puss in The Boots Giant Journey 
For someone who was in my first time riding USS's rides, I was disappointed. I actually expected the higher rides. But when riding Galactica at night was really breathtaking. You can see the night view of Singapore beautifully. I like it!

I was glad I saw nothing that might ruin my childhood, like maybe Elmo who suddenly breaks his jaw or Cookie Monster's eyeballs that might fall apart or come with the splash of blood on their body. I can say, my childhood is safe.

We left the park at 11.30 pm, right when the last train to Vivo City arrived. So, for you who needs to go back to Vivo City, make sure you are able to catch the last train.  

Happy Halloween, guys!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.