Michelin Star Hawker in Singapore: Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice, Is It Worth The Queue?

10:21 AM

On the day we went to Singapore for Halloween Horror Nights 6 at Universal Studio Singapore, we landed at about 10 am and we were wondering what should we do while waiting for the HHN? One of my friend said she wanted to try the michelin chicken rice sooo bad. I was like...what?! Not because I hate chicken rice but I was already imagining the queue.

THE QUEUE, ladies & gentlemen, was not a joke.

Our queue started here...

And then turned right...

And turned left again until we were finally able to see the stall

1 hour and 40 minutes, the total time we queued. My feet were hurt. My stomach was growling. Lucky there were 8 of us queuing, so we could have fun chat while waiting. My friend who stays in Singapore said once she queued for 3 hours. WHAT?!

Look at the price!!!


This uncle and his wife were serving as fast as they could

Finally got our meals (there was actually one more table of our foods)

We decided to order different foods. I changed my mind at the last minute from chicken rice to pork rice. The rest of us ordered chicken rice, chicken noodle, vegetables, and shahe fen (?). Even though it's famous with its chicken rice, but for us, all meals were d*mn delicious! I'm pretty sure it's not because we were starving due to the long queue, but it was THAT delicious. For SGD 2.50 per serving, I had no complain about the food.

So, will I ever come to this place again?

Unless someone is willing to queue for me, I think one visit is enough. I can't be that patient in queuing for the second time, hahaha.

Tips for you:

  • If you're starving and any food is fine for you, don't come here.
  • If you're queuing alone, bring snack and drink to fill your stomach while queuing. Trust me, queuing is tiring.
  • If you're a girl in your period time, don't come here unless you can make sure that you won't be cranky about the situation you will see there.
  • When it comes to your turn, order quickly and clearly. You had over an hour to think what you want to order. Don't let the Auntie yells at you because you pause for too long just to think about what you want to order.
  • When you are already in front of the stall, don't stand blocking the stall's entrance. Or the Auntie will yell at you. She needs to move fast to serve all of those hungry people.
  • DO NOT EVER THINK ABOUT CHEATING THE QUEUE. Other people there are as hungry as you are.  

Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice and Noodle 香港油雞飯麵
Blk 335, Smith Street #02-126, Chinatown Food Complex, Singapore 050335Opening Hours: 10:30am to 7:00pm (Mon – Tues, Thurs – Fri), 8:30am to 7:00pm (Sat – Sun), Closed Wed


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.